Letter writers should familiarize themselves with the competencies expected of entering medical students. The AAMC has a useful handout for letter writers HERE. S
For any letter writer support please contact our Letters of Evaluation (LOE) Coordinator, Ms. Monique Morris at email@example.com.
Medical schools are particular about the content and presentation of letters of evaluation. Here are some key things they will be looking for:
- Letters less than two years old
- Letter must be on department or company letterhead, even if you are attaching them to an electronic portal
- Letter must include a current date (usually at the top of the letter)
- Letter must include a real signature (You can learn how to create an image of your signature HERE.)
- Letter must include the letter writer's full name, title, and contact information (if not already included in letterhead)