Let us help you with your Pre-Health journey!
Welcome to Pre-Health Advising at Georgia Tech! Did you know there are hundreds of careers in health and health-related fields? Do you know the difference between an MD and a DO? Do you know your OT from your PT? We are here to help you explore your career options in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, veterinary medicine, nursing, physical and occupational therapy, public health, and other health professions. We want you to dream big and to find the career that’s a great fit for your interests, skills, and work style.
Welcome to Georgia Tech Pre-Health Advising!
Welcome to Pre-Health Advising at Georgia Tech! Did you know there are hundreds of careers in health and health-related fields? Do you know the difference between an MD and a DO? Do you know your OT from your PT? We are here to help you explore your career options in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, veterinary medicine, nursing, physical and occupational therapy, public health, and other health professions. We want you to dream big and to find the career that’s a great fit for your interests, skills, and work style. Once you’ve chosen a career path, we will help you to identify and apply to the appropriate professional or graduate programs. Not only will Pre-Health Advising offer you support, guidance, and valuable information, but our services are mandatory if you plan to use our Letter of Evaluation system when you apply to professional school. Pre-Health Advising is available for all Georgia Tech undergraduates, graduate students, and alumni. We will support you until you have met your health career goals. Visit with us during Drop-In Hours or schedule an appointment!
- Register for our Canvas site here.
- Canvas is the official place to self-identify as Pre-Health at Georgia Tech.
- Explore the site and follow the instructions on the Home and Syllabus pages. .
- Join our Piazza page here.
- Piazza allows you to connect with our pre-health community to get quick answers to your pre-health questions.
- Check in with your Pre-Health Professional Advisor at least once a semester. Find more information here.
- Make an appointment with a Professional Advisor to discuss personal questions.
- Stop by our Drop-In hours for quick, general questions.
NOTE: Given the heavy flow of emails, drop-in hours are strongly encouraged over “quick question” emails.
- Reach out to a Pre-Health Peer Advisor to gain insight from a student perspective on being a pre-health student at GT. Find more information here.
- Stop by our Drop-In hours for general questions.
- Make an appointment with a Peer Advisor to discuss more personal questions.
Unsubscribe from Gt Pre-Health communications and Canvas site HERE
Daily Online Group Advising Sessions (Drop-In Hours):
CANCELED DATES (for advisor led sessions):
- Friday, December 15
- All GT Holidays and Closures
Professional Advisor Drop-in Hours (EDT/EST):
Hosted by Francisco Castelan, Yan Liang, and Shannon Dobranski (LINK)
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays: 8:30-9:30 AM EST
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 3:00-4:00 PM EST
Peer Advisor Drop-in Hours (Fall 2023):
Celina Wu: Tuesdays, 11:00 AM -12:00 PM EST (LINK)
Ariana Kalantari: Wednesdays, 8:00-9:00 PM EST (LINK)
Martin Griffin: Thursdays, 9:00-10:00 AM EST (LINK)
Ishika Samantarai: Thursdays, 5:00-6:00 PM EST (LINK)
Letters of Evaluation (LOEs) Virtual Drop-in Hours:
If you have quick questions related to LOEs, you can request to set up a meeting time with the LOE Coordinator, Ms. Monique Morris
All LOE inquiries can be directed to the firstname.lastname@example.org email.
Virtual Drop-ins will resume in the spring of 2024 with the launch of the 2025 application cycle letter collection process. Student and alumni can review resources and information on the Pre-Health Canvas site. Don’t have access to the Pre-Health Canvas site? Request to be added here.
NOTE: Please be aware that the Virtual Drop-In Hours via Zoom will be an open space to conduct group advising sessions online. Anyone with the link below can enter the Zoom space at any time, so it’s not the space for personal conversations. If you have general questions, the “Zoom Group Online Advising Hour” is the place to be. (Schedule an appointment on Advisor Link for more personal conversations.) You can use Zoom through your web browser or download the app.
Note Regarding FERPA, student privacy, and virtual advising:
We are offering students the opportunity to conduct advising via videoconferencing, but must convey that this method does make ensuring FERPA privacy difficult. Advisors will conduct video advising in a private location, and recommend that students do the same to limit the amount of information which could be overheard by others in the vicinity. By agreeing to video conference-advising, students are confirming they understand this situation.