You have been invited to interview!
Great! You are now half-way there. The interview is an important aspect of your application as professional schools will looking for the following:
- How have you tested your decision to pursue a career in your chosen field (medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, PA, PT, etc.)?
- Are you able to demonstrate strong and appropriate communications skills and speak about yourself in a professional manner?
- What are you like beyond your primary and secondary/supplemental applications?
- Are you a good fit with their program and community?
How to prepare:
- Pre-Health Advisors provide mock interviews by appointment only
- schedule like any advising appointment and make request for a “mock interview” in the comments section. To allow us to meet the demand for mock interviews, please schedule only one mock interview with the Pre-Health Advising office.
- Attend an Interview Prep workshop/webinar – Check our pre-health calendar of events for dates and times.
- Attend an annual Pre-Health Mock Interview Clinic, supported by volunteers from among GT faculty, staff, alumni, other community partners. Check our pre-health calendar of events for dates and times.
- Schedule a mock interview with the GT Communication Center – Make sure to include in your appointment request that you are interested in a mock interview for Medical/Health Professional school application.
- Track down common questions by specific school from online forums to practice. WARNING: Do NOT get caught up in the forum “chatter,” which tends to generate anxiety. Experiences communicated on these sites are often NOT representative.
- Reach out to GT alumni in your area to ask about their experiences.
- Prepare what you will wear. Don’t have a suit? Check out C2D2’s free suit check out service CAMPUS CLOSET.
Multiple Mini Interviews (MMIs):
This video is a helpful tool to understand what are MMIs and what to expect and prepare for the MMI format. Many schools, including Medical College of Georgia, have switched to the MMI format.